        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Motor Amps, Battery Amps ?
        by Nick Viera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Calling all Ranger EVs
        by Marc Geller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Motor Amps, Battery Amps ?
        by Nick Viera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) kWh/mile challenge
        by "Richard Furniss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) was 35 feet
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Spare tires
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Spare tires
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Magura pot update
you are cursed i think
i haven't had a puncture in any sort of vehicle in 7 years

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<years now.>>

I continue to be amazed when people say this. The last time I saw this
discussion, I said to myself "I can't believe these people have good luck with
their tires! I don't know anyone that does!" Later that *very* same day, I got
big ugly screw stuck in a brand new tire. A few weeks later, a piece of an
old clothes hanger penetrated another tire.

About a month later I had a massive blowout, so bad that the tread came
entirely loose and was flapping around hitting my rear fender. I still have
black
marks and scratches on the car from the incident, in addition to a broken
antenna. Oh, this was a fairly new tire.

I always carry a spare, if not two, and I always carry all the equipment
necessary to change the tire on the road, in addition to a flashlight, and even
an
electric pump that I can plug into the cigarette lighter. Yes, flat or blown
tires happens to me that often, and I've been driving for over 20 years now.
And no, I don't drive on tires until they are threadbare, and no I don't buy
tires from a junkyard.

Sam

Regards
Richard

---------------------------------
Win a castle  for NYE with your mates and Yahoo! Messenger

> you are cursed i think
> i haven't had a puncture in any sort of vehicle in 7 years

My last flat tore off several feet of tread at 60mph, which wrecked havoc
against the side of our ICE RAV4, but even that was 3 years (and 1
deductable)ago. In the past I have installed used tires to match the wear of
the other 3 and never had issue with flats. The Ranger EV had one flat, but
that AAA Premium service came in handy for the 30+ mile tow home, since I, too,
had removed the spare [Ford eliminated its normal under-truck storage and put
the full-sized spare smack dab in the middle of the bed!]

<< The Magura throttle on my GoBig scooter was smashed in shipping. I got a
good look at the internals. The pot is a standard off-the-shelf unit that
should be available from DigiKey or equiv. I'm thinking it was a Potter &
Brumfield. As I recall, you can remove that single screw and withdraw the
pot from the socket it fits in. It should have markings.

John >>

aww, great...I threw it out a week ago! And, yes, an allen-head screw holds it
in. Well, I can measure the housing width and length and search the pot
listings for a similar-sized 5kohm equivalent. Thanks.