  1) Re: OT: Oil Article In Nat'l Geog
        by Danny Ames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Air conditioning - dumb questions
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Range + Golf cart vs. AGM wars
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: High current li-ions from Sony
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Bill Dube crimper URL
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Power steering...wahoo!!
        by Ryan Bohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Cedric's bike - inspiring!
  8) Re: Follow-up on Valence Li-Ion batteries in 12V size
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Another EV Joins the Wayland Fleet
        by "David Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Claimed TZero 1/4 mile time from ACP
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Range + Golf cart vs. AGM wars
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Follow-up on Valence Li-Ion batteries in 12V size
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: High current li-ions from Sony
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 14) Re: Steer-by-wire, was Re: Cedric's bike - inspiring!
        by "Paul Compton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Cool scooter kit, was Re: Cedric's bike
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 16) Re: TS cell info, was Re: Cedric's bike - inspiring!
        by "Paul Compton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) TS cell info
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: Refining Hybrid truck ideas
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Another EV Joins the Wayland Fleet
        by Seth Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: AC musings
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) wire cutting machine
 22) Re: Another EV Joins the Wayland Fleet
        by Jessica & Donald Jansen & Crabtree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
FYI here is a link.
http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0406/feature5/
It's inevitable. But just how soon will the vital fuel become so scarce
and expensive that we're forced to make hard choices about how we live?

Electro Automotive wrote:

> I don't mean to start any OT thread here about the politics of oil, but the
> cover story on the June National Geographic is called "The End of Cheap
> Oil".  It gives some pretty compelling information showing that the peak of
> worldwide oil production is probably only a couple of decades away, and
> it's all downhill from there.  I'm going to mine it for fact bites for
> promoting EV use.
>
> Shari Prange
> Electro Automotive POB 1113 Felton CA 95018-1113 Telephone 831-429-1989
> http://www.electroauto.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Electric Car Conversion Kits * Components * Books * Videos * Since 1979

If you used a 1500 watt AC at 120 VAC from a inverter from a 12 volt deep
cell battery, the amp draw will be 150 amps at 12 volts.

You will need a alternator of 150 amps at 12 volts to run the inverter.

If you used the motor to turn the alternator, it will read about 8 more
motor amps.

Therefore, I did not go this route, because the inverter and alternator came
to about $2000.00.  I used the main motor to drive the alternator, power
steering, power brakes, vacuum pump and AC on the same aluminum frame
mounting that is used on GMC diesel trucks.

These units are not normally on at the same time.  The motor amps normally
run from 4 to 10 amps, when the motor is under power, and 0 amps when not
under power or at coast down.

Therefore I am doing some type of REGEN into the accessory drives and gives
me good braking similar to a engine compression.  Can actually stop on a
slight grade with transmission in the 20:1 gear ratio which will hold the
car from rolling back down the grade.

I used to have a Honeywell motor generator that was power off the main
batteries, that provide all the 12 VDC power at 14.5 volts driving all these
accessories and charging the 12 Volt battery.  It used about 30 battery amps
continuous.