  1) Re: More military NiCads up for auction
  2) Re: More military NiCads up for auction
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: More military NiCads up for auction
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Dave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Control question
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: NiFE cells, was Re: More military NiCads up for auction
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Build your own ELECTRIC VEHICLE class.  In San Francisco.
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 14) RE: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Andre' Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 17) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by Mark Farver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Life After Woodburn ( The Trilogy ) - Links into archive.
        by Lightning Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: WarP 11 and 13 questions
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: More military NiCads up for auction
        by D Franklin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Solar trike (open-source project)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Source for GE motor brushes?
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
> I would appreciate it if the successful bidder would offer me a hundred or
> so cells at cost :-).  I was going to bid, but I can't handle that
> quantity right now.

Call I-10 surplus in Tucson AZ.  Last time I was there (over a year ago)
they had about a dozen pallets stacked 6-8 feet high full of surplus
aircraft NiCads (they come from the planes/jets/'copters etc in the bone
yard)

They sell them pretty cheap and will pack them up and ship them.  They
have tons (literally) of the 20 AH size and I believe some of the 34 and
maybe 40 AH left.

I think I paid something like $2 - $2.50 a cell.  They came in nice
stainless steel battery boxes with 19-20 cells each plus nickle plated
interconnects and he threw in 20 cells for free because he figures some of
the ones I bought would be bad.  I paid for 230 cells (12 batteries
actually).

I- 10 Surplus
5300 N. Casa Grande Hwy. Tucson AZ. 85743
Phone (520) 293-2930 FAX(520) 293-0567
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Getting info together. Would you be interested in driving down with me to pick up? I'm probably going to need help.

Chris, I was just gonna propose the same to you.
Count me in.

Mad Mike Shipway
Baltimore county, MD
21207

#11 has 10 Trojan batteries, but I don't know what they are(voltage, etc.)

> http://www.solarvehicles.org/pages/1/
>
> Makes ya wonder what these hosers do when the Great White North
> becomes just that (white, that is, and cold, too), eh?!

You dress warmly. People go skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, etc. no
matter how cold it is.
has!" -- Margaret Mead
--
Lee A. Hart  814 8th Ave N  Sartell MN 56377  leeahart_at_earthlink.net

Hi All,

I'm working on a Soleq Escort conversion here.
I've discovered that after only 15,000 miles the brushes are worn down to the rivets!

This is for a sep ex GE Mod 5DT2366C26, it's about 11" in diameter. Ratings are fan cooled at: 24.9 HP at 2507 rpm, 103.7V at 205A.
The old brushes are M785 material which Dennis tells me is for low voltage motors (up to 80V). I'm thinking that with a 108 V system and regen it may need a more resistive material to survive.

Does anyone know a good source for GE brushes?

Thanks!
--
-Otmar-

http://www.CafeElectric.com/  Home of the Zilla.