  1) Re: Kilo-Amp-About or Excuses help the ego.
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Specfic Gravity low.  Voltage high.  Range low.
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Kilo-Amp-About or Excuses help the ego.
        by "Jack Knopf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Renualt LeCar
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: How fast can you do a conversion
        by Electro Automotive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Kilo-Amp-About or Excuses help the ego.
        by "Christopher Robison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: How fast can you do a conversion?
        by canev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Devil's advocate
        by Sherry Boschert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Kilo-Amp-About or Excuses help the ego.
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Force jerkiness on very slow startup
        by Ken Olum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: EV-1 possible solution ended now  (mars robot)
        by "Ivo Jara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Renualt LeCar
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: 18 hours after charge.128.7v 1225 spec. Grav.
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: EV-1 possible solution
        by Frank Schmitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Kilo-Amp-About or Excuses help the ego.
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Kilo-Amp-About or Excuses help the ego.
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 17) re: Snow White race car specs
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: Specfic Gravity low.  Voltage high.  Range low.
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Kilo-Amp-About or Excuses help the ego.
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Series-parallel switch
        by Rush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Devil's advocate
        by Ryan Stotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) BB600 Vent Caps
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Force jerkiness on very slow startup
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Kilo-Amp-About or Excuses help the ego.
        by "Jack Knopf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Wolfspider to Play at NEDRA Power of DC June 11
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Series-parallel switch
        by Otmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Series-parallel switch
        by "Tom Shay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- At 12:13 PM -0600 3-17-05, Ryan Stotts wrote:
John Westlund wrote:
 Out of curiousity, how much horsepower can your twin 8's
 manage and at what RPMs? Any estimate if there's no hard
 data?

I'd really like to see that car put on a chassis dyno so we could see how the hp/tq graphs compare to an ICE car:

I've done some runs with a G-Tech meter and IIRC it was peaking at 210 HP. I think that was somewhere around 2000 rpm.

It would be neat to run with the fancier G-Techs that put out a graph, but I have not done it.

--
-Otmar-

http://www.CafeElectric.com/  Home of the Zilla.
http://www.evcl.com/914  My electric 914

This normally cause by the negative plates not defusing completely.  This is a
old term use back in the 20's and 30's.  When a battery discharges, the
chemical exchange is from the positive plate which is Lead Oxide or PBO2
exchanging with the electrolyte which is H2O + H2SO4 of where the Sulfate or
SO4 is in fusing into the negative plate.

At this time the electrolyte becomes more H2O which has a lower specific
gravity.

When you charge , this action reverses, which somewhat disulfate's the negative
plate.

As time goes by, the negative plates become more sulfated, making it more
resistance or making your battery a smaller battery in compacity.

The thicker the plates, or normally call a deep cell, the harder it takes for
the sulfated to travel up to the surfaced of the plate.

When batteries are new, a diffusion test should be done to see how long it
takes to recover to a certain voltage.  This now is a reference to a test you
can do latter which you can used for comparison.

To do this test, drive the EV at the highest amperes it could take, until I
discharge to 50 percent.

Then record the voltage drop under a certain amp load.
Record the instant voltage recovery under no load.
Wait about 15 minutes and record the additional recovery time. (This is call
the diffusion time, where the SO4 has travel from deep in the plates to the
surface of the plates)

Used the records for a future reference when testing the batteries at a latter
date.

You may have like many others, which I have done too, is diluting the
electrolyte by adding water at the wrong time.  It is best to add water only
when battery is discharge down to 50 percent and only about 1/4 above the
plates. The water mixes better during the charging cycle.

When the battery is charge, it is normal for this electrolyte to rise.
Adjustments of electrolyte level can be made at the next discharge cycle.

Also, if you let the battery set for a while, the top portion of the
electrolyte could read less than at the bottom portion, where the H2SO4 is
heaver than H2O and tends to settle to the bottom to the cell.  This could
really throw you off in your SG readings.

Try to do a balance charge or equalizing charge to 15.5 volts or until the
specific gravity reaches 13.00. This will reduce the water in the electrolyte
to make it more conductive.

If your batteries are at a high amp hour rating 250 AH or greater with very
thick plates, it will take a higher charge ampere to disulfide the negative
plates.  My old batteries which were 300 AH at 180 volts, had to charge to 252
volts which would be equal to 16.8 volts per 12 volt battery until the specific
gravity read 13.00 which I done about once a month.