  1) Re: Otmar Ebenhoech on Peak Momment TV
        by "Mark Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: EZGO motor
        by "Martin Klingensmith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: motor pics - re: adding end cap and bearing
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Charging at Train Stations
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: EZGO motor
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Otmar Ebenhoech on Peak Moment TV
  7) Clutch VS clutchless
        by "JOHN P SWEENEY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Clutch VS clutchless
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Motor Ident problem
        by "Chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Would any EV groups like a "motor info" FAQ's page?
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Yellow Tops... Yes or No?
        by nikki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Yellow Tops... Yes or No?
        by Jack Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Raptor precharge Protection
        by Storm Connors <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) "Plama Boy" Live from PIR
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Would any EV groups like a "motor info" FAQ's page?
        by "BadFishRacing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Clutch VS clutchless
        by David Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Would any EV groups like a "motor info" FAQ's page?
        by "FRED JEANETTE MERTENS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Yellow Tops... Yes or No?
        by "jerryd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Live from PIR, "White Zombie" Shreds old PS3 record
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Live from PIR, "White Zombie" Shreds old PS3 record
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Clutch VS clutchless
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- What a great piece! When I see something like this it makes me even more passionate about getting my car running...hopefully this summer.

Great job Otmar!

Mark Ward
95 Saab 900SE "Saabrina"
www.saabrina.blogspot.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
#1 question  how do I determine motor size ?
#2              how do you figure out which motor ?
[...]

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>

           Hi  Nikki and All,

>nikki wrote:
>> After the increasing price in lithium Ion (and the recent
>> demise of  my  computer prompted me to have to buy a new
>> one) I'm now looking at  Lead  Acid batteries again for
>> the City El.
>> The City el draws no more than about 125A at any one
>> time. (and  that's  on startup) On the flat I'm looking
>> at under 50Amps drain.
>> I could go for the Optima type 31A (YT S 5.5) (http://
>>
>www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/europe/en/config/pro
>> duct_info/  commercial/deep_cycle/technical_specs.html)
>> - which has a 75AH capacity at the 20 Hour rate, a
>> stupidly low   internal resistance, no maintenance and a
>> weight at about 4kgs less   than the alternative -
>> http://www.trojan-battery.com/Products/
>> ProductSpec.aspx?Name=30XHS - Trojan 30HXS.
>> I could also (apparently also recommended) go for the
>> http://
>www.trojan-battery.com/Products/ProductSpec.aspx?Name=SCS22
>> 5 Trojan  SC  S225.
>>
>> I'm completely out of my league and in two minds what to
>> do. The   Trojans have a much higher 20 and 5 hour rates
>> than the Yellow Top  -

      Not only that, but you can use more of the lead in the
Trojans for about 15% longer range on a weight to weight
basis Vs the YT. Now add that the Trojans cost a lot less
with probably double the range, require a more simple,
cheaper battery charger it's really a no brainer unless you
are just into high tech batts, gadgetry.  And a battery
that's lightly loaded like the large cap Trojans are will
last a long time.

   but the Yellow Tops are
>> maintenance free -

         This just means screw up charging them once and
that's it!! Where a flooded you can just put in more water.

>>and lighter.

        Which means less range.

For a car  which  (with
>me onboard) weighs about 370 kgs in total I'm guessing
>> that  saving 12 kgs of weight would make a big
>> difference.

       Only up hills but with the longer range, that's
easily handled.

>> I want to have all my metaphorical ducks in a row for the
>> day my   current set rolls over and dies. I want to make
>> an informed and   reasoned choice bearing in mind the
>> constraints on my car.  I would  go  for Trojan T105 or
>> similar - but I don't have the room and the car   would
>probably not cope well with the weight (400kgs is the
>> official   maximum combined weight of car + occupants)
>>
>> I would really appreciate any feedback people have from
>> these battery   types!

      Another might be using 8v batts if you have them
there. But only use real traction, deep cycle batteries.
                              Jerry Dycus

>> Thanks
>>
>> Nikki.
>>
>> (Fed up with a 10-12 mile range at 8 deg. C!)

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- On it's third run of the afternoon at PIR John Wayland's "White Zombie" giant killer shredded the old PS3 record by turning a blistering 12.161 at 106.59 mph. This is a new fastest speed in the quarter for the little Datsun from hell. The poor guy in the next lane with the Dodge Dart with a 383 cubic inch big block didn't know what hit him. The 60 foot time was 1.655 and WZ turned 87.81 mph in 7.614 seconds in the eighth mile. This is only the third run on these new batteries. It sure looks like the engineers at Hawker knew what they were talking about. In this world of BS battery specs it is sure refreshing to see some real truth. It looks like they just may break into the elevens today without having to turn up the screws.

Roderick Wilde
"Suck Amps EV Racing"
www.suckamps.com

Hey Rod, all

Fun stuff, thanks for the blow by blow 8^)
I had to call John up to say congrats and check in.
I asked him if he was still at 1000 batt amps?  He
said yes, I said turn them up then, LMAO!!!

He assured me WZ would run an 11 this next run 8^)
I'll be rooting for him and Tim and I thought I'd post
John's quote so he'd keep his word 8^)

Keep up the updates Rod, enjoy reading them!
Sounds like John's pumped, the announcers pumped and
the crowds pumped and Johns got a bunch of video
shooters there, Can't wait for some new video clips.

Cya
Jim Husted

--- Roderick Wilde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On it's third run of the afternoon at PIR John
> Wayland's "White Zombie"
> giant killer shredded the old PS3 record by turning
> a blistering 12.161 at
> 106.59 mph. This is a new fastest speed in the
> quarter for the little Datsun
> from hell. The poor guy in the next lane with the
> Dodge Dart with a 383
> cubic inch big block didn't know what hit him. The
> 60 foot time was 1.655
> and WZ turned 87.81 mph in 7.614 seconds in the
> eighth mile. This is only
> the third run on these new batteries. It sure looks
> like the engineers at
> Hawker knew what they were talking about. In this
> world of BS battery specs
> it is sure refreshing to see some real truth. It
> looks like they just may
> break into the elevens today without having to turn
> up the screws.
>
> Roderick Wilde
> "Suck Amps EV Racing"
> www.suckamps.com

Be a PS3 game guru.

I assume if I am not racing around I don't need to
worry about maximum rpm's?
You wrote:
"I would not suggest that this setup not
be used with a controller that does not have RPM
limits, ..."

Is there an extra "not" there, I not understand?

--- JOHN P SWEENEY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Gang,
>   I now have a definitive answer for clutch VS
> clutch less in my Fiero conversion. When I
> originally built the Fiero I retained the clutch and
> flywheel and drove it that way until recently. I
> just obtained a hub from EV-Blue to directly couple
> the Warp 8 motor to the Fiero 5 speed.
> (Thanks EV_Blue) The hub replaced a 40# flywheel and
> clutch assembly with a 4# hub. The installation was
> straightforward and went without incident. Now for
> the final analysis---:
>
>    Wow I really like it. The Fiero shifts
> effortlessly, no hint of grinding. Without the added
> rotational mass of the clutch & flywheel the
> syncro's are more than adequate. Just let off on the
> go pedal and shift to the next gear (up or down).
> Power shifting of course is out of the question but
> that is not my style of driving anyway. The motor
> seems quieter and a little more snappy. I would not
> suggest that this setup not be used with a
> controller that does not have RPM limits, without
> the rotational mass of the flywheel clutch assembly
> applying the throttle for more than just a fraction
> of a second will surely result in the motor
> spontaneously disassembling itself.
>
>    I know you are wondering what on earth someone
> would want to swap out a perfectly functional clutch
> system for direct drive so I'll explain. The Fiero
> is a transverse mounted mid engine car with the
> flywheel clutch assembly directly behind the drivers
> back. The stock Fiero engine falls on its face at
> 4500 to 5000 RPM, the WARP 8" motor red lines at
> 8000 RPM.  Having had a flywheel explode in a car
> previously I don't relish the thought of that
> happening directly in line with my spine.
>

> Pat Sweeney
> KICKGAS Fiero
> E-Recumbent Bike

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate