I recently applied for and had installed a free chargepoint which included
the flying lead and J1772 plug.

Apparently, the UK government are underwriting these installations for home
use.

The 16A one is free and for an extra £70 they install a 32A one.

It is only for certain areas of the UK but you don't even require an EV to
apply. Just say you have a friend who may use it.

The site is www.polarnetwork.com

I actually ran an armoured cable out to where I wanted the point installing
as it was some distance from the supply point but they will do the whole
installation if necessary.

I am sure this will be of interest.