I found the paperwork to be very clear and simple when applying.

It does state that you will be the owner of the charge point from day one
but that they reserve the right to receive data from it for up to three
years which I guess is for the government to chew over.

You can move it from house to house if necessary.

To my mind there are no strings attached although it is a pity that the
retail price for this GSM charge point is over £1300.00.
I use an ex equipment house meter costing £10.00 from Ebay to monitor my
charge usage.

How many charge points could have been installed if the non GSM modules were
used instead?

The web site needs correcting as it states that last years offer is fully
subscribed but that they are taking applications for this year which only
took a month from application to installation.

We also get a free card to access other charge points.

Anyway, it can't hurt to apply.