That seems quite high. For about $5000 you could get a LiFePO4 pack
and still be driving it as long as you didn't over charge or over
discharge the cells. I know many think you must have a cell level BMS
but so far I'm not seeing the theoretical problems on my pack and it
has been over 2 years since I did a balance on it. If you can get to
the pack readily you might consider a bottom balanced pack, an Ah
counter, and a charger set to not charge over 3.5vpc and you will have
a good system. Access to the pack will satisfy you that it is still
healthy.

As for the 685 charge cycles, if you didn't drive very far and didn't
need the extra range for the next day's trip, maybe they would have
lasted longer if you charged less often or at least only did an
equalize charge once/week or month.

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Jay Summet <j...@summet.com> wrote:

David D. Nelson
http://evalbum.com/1328