I'm really surprised that this is such a controversy... I thought that
everybody knew that one of the main reasons that the battery packs for all
OEM EV's did last such a long time was that the BMS software stopped the
charging at about 80% and will not let the battery pack be depleted below
20%.

If you only charge a battery to about 80% and don't let it discharge below
about 20% the chemical makeup of the electrolyte is not stressed and lasts a
lot longer.

Roland does the same thing with his batteries. I think that if he sees only
a 75%SOC, then he will not charge until the next day, thereby prolonging the
life of his flooded lead acids. 8 years if I remember correctly.

Rush
www.TucsonEV.com