In the 1990's Honda sold an ICE Accord that had zero emissions.  In LA it
made cleaner exhaust than what it aspirated.  (Ignoring the CO2)  The
meaning if zero is slippery, but the point is still there - even ICE can be
pretty good WRT to clean air, if not carbon.

A main problem with H2 is inefficiency and if the source of the power to
make the H2 is not clean and renewable then it is a poor choice.  It is
better to take solar and wind and charge batteries than to use the
electricity to form H2, storing the power in H2, then "burning" it in even
less efficient fuel cells.

With batteries less is wasted and cells like LFP are quite environmentally
benign, lithium titanate will be even better. The hardware needed for H2
generation and use is considerably more complex and expensive than the
solar to battery path.

We have an H2 demo in the building beside my lab here, the electrolyzer is
run with a kW solar array of thin film on the roof.  You would not be able
to have this in your own garage, it is far too expensive, so H2 cannot be
dispensed at home, which is quite a nice thing about BEVs.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Mark Abramowitz via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
wrote:

> Old news.
>

> http://www.arb.ca.gov/planning/vision/docs/vision_for_clean_air_public_review_draft.pdf
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jun 25, 2014, at 6:06 PM, Cor van de Water via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > - this is news to me. Care to elaborate?

*Dalai Lama *

Tell me what it is you plan to do
With your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver, "The summer day."