> The AC and the DC losses can be equal in the best case
> but if the AC is degraded then the DC will have less losses than AC.
> I lectured on AC/DC basics... and worked with it for about 50 years...

We may be comparing apples and oranges.  Everyone since Tesla and Edison
knows that AC wins over DC (for local and regional transmission lines).

But the topic was the need for very long distance thousand mile
transmission systems for wind energy from the great planes and other wind
sources into the national grid.

For the last decade, modern DC utility scale electronics have evolved to
where for long distances (thousand miles in the air or just 100km or less
underground or undersea) it is now more efficient and economical to do DC.

Everyone is right as long as we clarify the application.

Bob, WB4APR