Rick Beebe via EV wrote:
On 06/29/2014 03:57 PM, EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:

It appears to me that EVs have not yet been a success in postal delivery. I
can't understand why not.  Anyone with other (I hope more positive)
information please post it.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator

Our local post office is in a small-ish building built in the 1960's on
a very tight lot. At the end of the day the 25 or so jeeps get crammed
into every corner of the parking lot. I have to wonder if part of the
problem is simply the investment that would be needed in installing 25
charging stations and a probable service upgrade for the building.

Our Post Office in Sartell MN is also a small building on a tiny lot, which is full of postal vehicles at night. But, there are 120vac outlets next to each one. They were installed for the electric block heaters, needed to insure that they will start in the morning when it's -20 deg.F outside. These outlets would be more than adequate to recharge their fleet overnight if they were EVs. After all, they'd have have close to 15 hours a day to charge.

--
The most dangerous enemy of a better solution is an existing one that
is just good enough. -- Eric S. Raymond