Please bear in mind that most municipalities (Seattle, at any rate) aren't going to mandate corded electric blowers. The most it seems they would be willing to go is electric with battery. Personally, I don't like leaf blowers and don't use them myself. My motivation in this is to find a practical way to reduce the noise - which is often around 75db at my windows. (Avoiding the dust would be fantasitc, but it's not going to happen.) If I can find a product or some other solution that is practical for commercial use, the city might listen.

Peri

------ Original Message ------
From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruni...@usna.edu>
To: "Rush Dougherty" <r...@ironandwood.org>; "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org> Cc: "Peri Hartman" <pe...@kotatko.com>; "Robert Bruninga" <bruni...@usna.edu>
Sent: 23-Jul-14 9:50:54 PM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] leaf blowers

I hate em too! I only use one as a last-resort since I swear I can actually RAKE leaves and finishe the job in shorter time wtih a rake onto tarps and carry to the mulch pile than all the time going back and forth with the stupid blower which then you still have to rake into some kind of carrying system.

But Electric is the ONLY way to go. They always work, they always start and they are cheaper. Sure they have cords, But DEAL WITH it. Messing with the cord is sure cleaner and easy and repeatable compareedd to fussing with gas and oil!

Oh, and hey are quieter (but only somwhat, so they are still a detestible intrusion on the neighborhood).

Bob, Wb4APR