You are now WAY beyond my pay grade here.

I can only say that IMO any time you have a computer controlling something
that acts like a throttle, you want to put a LOT of time into debugging the
code, have multiple ways to detect failures, and have multiple ways to shut
things down in case something unexpected happens despite all the fail-safes.

I don't know of any off-the-shelf solution for what you want to do, though I
know that similar things have been done.  All the homebrew hybrids I've read
about so far (I've surely missed some) were essentially 100% manually
controlled.

However, I think I mentioned before an Escort wagon hybrid conversion done
by a team of university students for a Ford / DOE competition, the "Hybrid
Electric Vehicle Challenge."  This would have been in the early to mid
1990s.

It was one of a couple dozen university projects in the competition, but
this one stood out because of its sophistication.  The students had put
quite a lot of effort into making it a "push the pedals and steer" car.  The
onboard micro looked at battery SOC and driving conditions, and decided
whether and when to start the ICE, and how to balance ICE and motor torque -
pretty much what the Volt and Prius Plugin do, but about 15-20 years before.

Sorry to say I don't recall who was behind it, and web searches haven't
helped much.  But anyway, the point is that it CAN be done.

I'm kind of shooting in the dark here, but you might try contacting Victor
Tikhonov at Metric Mind, and see if he thinks a Brusa drive might be able to
do what you want.  Victor is the US distributor for Brusa inverters and AC
induction motors.  Brusa inverters speak CANBUS; maybe that would help you
develop the interface you want.

One warning, Brusa is a Swiss company and their prices tend to be
reminiscent of Swiss watches'.  http://www.metricmind.com/about-us/

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator