On 5 Aug 2014 at 5:54, Chris Meier via EV wrote:

> The indoor units come in various shapes/styles, including 'cassette' for
> in_ceiling or air duct. Some of the dealers may appreciate the challenge. Give
> one a call.

I hope your dealers are more experienced and flexible than the ones I worked
with here. :-(

> I would question about road vibrations on a unit designed for a
> building/static setting. And there is a minimum refrigerant line length.

Ditto on the vibration.  I hadn't thought of that.

I was aware of the max line length, though it should be ample for any car.

I didn't know about a minimum.  That could be a problem.

Overseas I often see the outdoor units installed on siding brackets, just
outside the hotel room or apartment they're cooling (usually lower than the
indoor unit).  Maybe the minimum lineset length varies with the brand.

I do know that you usually have to adjust the factory refrigerant charge for
different lineset lengths.

If someone tries a mini-split in an EV, I hope he posts the results here.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator