"Why make an effort to sell lower priced 40kwh cars?" - Right now, I agree, but
... because, as I previously stated, in Europe and much of Asia, long distance
is not the issue, it's car cost and range anxiety.  If you can sell a car for
$10k less without the buyer having to worry about range anxiety (because there
is a good rapid charge infrastructure - SC or something else) then you'll sell
more cars.  I appreciate that T is concentrating on supplying as many MS as it
can at the moment... but what about 2 or 3 years time.  I would much rather buy
an MS with 150 mile range than a Gen3 with the same range even if it cost $10k
more.  I think lots of others would, too.  We just don't need 300 mile range,
or 200 for that matter, 95% of the time.  Why cart around all that unnecessary
weight and why pay for it, too, in the first place?  MW