On 10/15/2014 05:28 PM, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
I can't see why I need a high rate of charge at home.

I don't need or want it. But if I lived in an apartment building
where I couldn't plug my car it, being able to zap it full on the
way to or from work might be the deciding factor in whether I buy one or
not.

Every single day for the rest of your life?  I don't think so.

EV's charge conveniently *every day* while parked.   (and are full at the
start of every commute or local trip)...

Any purchase of an EV with the idea of gas-tank weekly fill-ups which have
to be done while at the charger and "waiting" (like a gas pump) is a poor
value of an EV for the task and a poor purchasing decision. IMHO...
I have two EVs and a PHEV so I'm well aware of the advantages of starting out with a full vehicle every morning. But there are millions of people who live in places where they can't plug their car in and I bet some number of them are wishing they could get away from gas. And for some of those it would be worth the inconvenience if they could spend 2 minutes and get 40 or 50 miles of charge.

EVs are, in general, a poor purchasing decision anyway. Mine cost me $20,000 more than equivalent gas cars and I've spent $2000 on charge stations at my house. This saves me roughly $2300 in gasoline purchases each year but adds about $800 to my electric bill. But driving electric isn't about the economics or the convenience. For me it's about the environment and where I choose to send my money.

--Rick