Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
I have looked for used parking meters to make them into EV L1 charging
outlets but simply cannot find them.  Yet the old mechanical ones are
being replaced by themillions by new gadgetry.  Where are they all going?

In St. Cloud MN, the company that sold them the new electric meters (with instant reporting to the meter readers for fast ticketing and revenue enhancement) took the old meters in exchange. I suspect it's a good marketing ploy -- destroy the old ones so they don't get sold and used by some other potential customer.

--
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any
good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats. -- Howard Aiken