On Dec 5, 2014, at 1:56 AM, brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> The car, which has already an order list of 250 units, will cost between 1.5
> to 2.5 million Indian rupees (24,000 to 40,200 USD).
>
> [...]
>
> The car can achieve a maximum speed of 150 km per hour and
> according to Vyas it will come in three battery options, the lead acid,
> lithium ion and supercapacitors. “For each charge, the car can go 1,000 kms.
> The lead acid version would take eight hours to charge, the lithium ion
> battery would take two hours to charge, and the supercapacitors would take
> less than five minutes to charge,” he claimed.

Is it just me, or does this seem too good to be true? That's twice the range of
the Tesla...on lead acids? A supercap car for $40K? Supercaps that charge that
much faster than A123 / CALB batteries -- and a charger that can handle the
current? And a paltry 150 km/h limit for a low-slung wide-track aerodynamic car
with battery pack with those specs?

I like the DeLorean / '80s Lamborghini styling. And, hell, if it's for real, I
could even imagine saving up a few pennies for one -- or, at least, its battery
pack.

I'm just very, very, very skeptical that the claims will survive past the
showroom floor.

b&