This was posted on diyelectriccar on 1/6/12 by Jim Husted (in the first
sentence, "the same" refers to same as the 9" motor):

"/The Warp11's are also subject to the same 170 volts maximum. Larger motor
but wound about the same I'd imagine. I've yet to have my face inside of a
Warp11 though so am just going more on a hunch here. Per George Hampstra
(NetGain) he stated all their motors are "able" to take "up to" 170 volts.
Unless you're a racer looking for a record I strongly advise people to limit
their voltages to their motors. The Warp's are advanced to 12.5 degrees vs
the Advance's (FB1) at 10 degrees so I'd limit the ADC's to 160- volts or
risk frying your brush rigging per my previous link.

Let's look at John Wayland as an example though, when he launches White
Zombie and asks the Zilla to give all it's got, his 360 volt battery pack
sags to something like 160+- volts! Now, if we take the 1000 watt per HP
rule (accounts for losses) and let's EVen be conservative here 1500 amps X
160 volts will get you 240HP, and if you fed that through an 11" motor the
torque would probably break stuff. Anyway, as a motor guy who gets to see
real world failure points, it's just not worth trying to push to many volts
through your motor. Adding a little more brush advance can let it accept a
bit higher voltage but it's hard on the motor and makes for unhappy motor
life, so please protect your investment, or cry to me latter, and I hate to
see grown man cry

Cya
Jim Husted
Hi-Torque Electric/"