I sent an email to my Central Coast EAA, San Jose EAA, and  Silicon Valley
Chapter contacts in the hopes of hooking Bob up (I hope they respond to
him).

Years ago when I was lucky enough to be near the WashDC area on hp business,
thier EAA Chapter made me feel quite welcome and at home at one of their
Chapter meetings. I am hoping our local EAA members can reciprocate, and let
Bob get an EV fix while he is away from his East Coast home.

I did not find a listing for Bob on EValbum, but a search gave some
interesting results. It seems Bob has been quite active and vocal promoting
the EV-cause, using his self-converted Prius-plugin to promote solar and
level-1&2 charging, see
http://newsarchive.medill.northwestern.edu/chicago/news.aspx?id=206967

http://wamu.org/news/12/03/27/plugged_in_area_businesses_opening_up_to_electric_vehicles
Plugged In: Area Businesses Opening Up To Electric Vehicles By: Jessica
Gould
March 27, 2012
[image
http://wamu.org/sites/wamu.org/files/styles/headline_landscape/public/images/attach/03.27.12news-gould-ev-charging-edit.jpg?itok=5sXwz5d2
(back of head shot)  Bob Bruninga installs one of his EV Charging signs.

video
http://wamu.org/audio-player?nid=49795
]
An activist in Maryland says he has a plan to spark the local electric
vehicle movement, by encouraging hotels and and parking garages to offer
low-costing charging to their customers.

See more links of his good plugin deeds using
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%22Bruninga%22+prius

I searched for any EV activities but it is quiet this time of year. For the
Monterey area, links did come up:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Monterey+CA+electric+vehicle

If Bob is going through plugin withdrawals, he can rent an EV:
http://www.mbeva.org/local-resources/pev-local-rentals/
Rent a Chevy Spark today by calling the Santa Cruz Hertz office at (831)
423-0315, 132 Center Street, Santa Cruz, CA.

Below is a page that has a couple of contacts of the Monterey area plugin
movers and shakers
http://www.mbeva.org/media-contacts/

https://www.facebook.com/MontereyBayElectricVehicleAlliance

As Cor had mentioned there are several SF area EAA Chapters to hookup with:
Central Coast EAA eaacc.org (Santa Cruz/Monterey area)

San Jose EAA http://rotordesign.com/sjeaa/
Location: Reid Hillview Airport -- 2500 Cunningham Rd. San Jose, CA.

Silicon Valley EAA eaasv.org
Location: 3000 Hanover St, Palo Alto, CA 94304

East (SF) Bay EAA: ebeaa.org
Golden Gate Electric Vehicle Association ggeva.org
North (SF) Bay EAA nbeaa.org

For me, since I am a charging nut, if I were in Bob's shoes (though I can't
right now because of my medical condition), I would be wanting to check on
what the public EVSE was like:

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/locator/stations/results?utf8=%E2%9C%93&location=Monterey+CA&filtered=true&fuel=ELEC&owner=all&payment=all&ev_level1=true&ev_level2=true&ev_dc_fast=true&radius=true&radius_miles=10

http://www.plugshare.com/
search on  Monterey, CA

{brucedp.150m.com}

-