Actually all L1 that I have seen will limit charging power to about 1500W or
even 12A at 120V
just so you won't start burning up outlets and cords and also to co-exist with
a small load
already on the circuit (I charge in my garage and it already has a few small
loads such as
the garage lights, door opener, tool battery chargers and a few other things
besides my EV).
I always charge at work from a regular 120V outlet, that is why I carry a 12
gauge extension cord,
I can charge almost anywhere and even if I am over 10kWh down due to previous
errands, by the end
of the work day I am usually nearing a full charge so no issue in making even
more errands on
the way home...
If your commute is more than 50 miles one way, you will have a much smaller
selection of EVs
to choose from. My question would be why are you living so far away from work,
I certainly
prefer to be within bicycling distance and I usually move if work is too far
away...

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626          Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130          private: cvandewater.info
www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received this
message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any unauthorized
use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of this message is
prohibited.