On 03/04/2015 03:41 PM, Bill Dube via EV wrote:
You can charge more than 16 kWh during a normal workday from a 120V - 20A outlet. At 3.4 mi/kWh that is more than 50 miles. Thus, Level 1 (120V - 20A) work quite well for most commuters and most EVs.
I agree that a 120v outlet that can be used for 8-10 hours will satisfy most needs.

However, my imiev will not reliably charge at more than 800 watts at 120. That's about 3mph and about 20 hours for a full charge on a depleted battery.