On Mar 21, 2015, at 11:55 AM, Lee Hart via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> Mark Abramowitz via EV wrote:
>> According to a presentation that I saw UPS give about a week ago,
>> they have a number of EVs out there, though they have had some
>> issues.
>
> Not surprising. Most are new vehicles, from new manufacturers. Lots of bugs
> to work out, often having nothing to do with it being electric (brakes,
> suspension, steering, body work, etc.)

Certainly possible, though not mentioned. Range was an issue.

> The usual ICE delivery vehicle manufacturers never want to build EV versions,
> so USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc. get them from new (and inexperienced) suppliers.

Don't forget Pepsi/Frito-Lay. They have the biggest fleet.

They have 280 EVs. Cost and range are issues. Subsidies are still important to
them for new tech.

I attended a rollout of a number of EV trucks they put into their fleet. This
is important to us in California. One reason why the Governor attended.

But their fleet is converting mainly to CNG...40% after this year...a good
thing, too.