http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2015/3/24/Here-s-A-Creative-Way-To-Charge-Your-EV-7726071/
Here's A Creative Way To Charge Your EV
by Jacob Joseph  [2015/3/24]

[video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ANR-leiB8
[Russian>translate.google>English]
Charging the Tesla Model S on a rope behind a truck. konstantin
tesla-barnaul Oct 3, 2014 What to do if in the field or on the road ended
electricity in your car?
]

Tesla Russia EV Videos Funny
Those electric motors also work as generators. The narration for this video
is in Russian, but the car's dash and info system are all in English and we
have faith that you will be able to understand what's going on.

Electric cars are charged by means other than by plugging them in, something
which is very helpful in getting a bit of extra range. But the amount of
energy recovered like this isn't going to be dramatic unless your trips
involves a lot of steep downhill driving. Although as the video here will
show, towing the car behind a truck is also very effective.

It's not exactly practical for everyone, and most truck drivers probably
won't help you like this. But in a pinch, it definitely would work.
[© 2015 CarBuzz.com]
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-to-recharge-a-tesla-model-s-on-the-go-the-russian-way-video-92631.html
How To Recharge a Tesla Model S On the Go, The Russian Way - Video
by Tudor Rus  25th February 2015

And by “the Russian way” we mean connecting your state-of-the-art Tesla
Model S to the back of a truck and simply letting it tow your fancy sedan
along the road until your battery is charged and good to go.

What would you do if your Tesla Model S ran out of battery in the middle of
nowhere, with no prospects of finding a suitable place to recharge it and
continue your trip?

Well, the answer comes from Mother Russia, a place well known for the
challenging conditions drivers must survive in and accidents recorded with
dash-cams. But Russians can be pretty innovative too, a sign that need
really is the mother of invention.

This guy figured a way to get the best out of Tesla’s regenerative brakes
and it seems to be working as a last call solution, although we’re not fully
convinced that such an improvising act is good for the electric sedan’s
well-being.

Regen braking is a source of negative torque which can cause the car to
become unstable if applied to the rear wheels. Luckily, Tesla has that under
control with its regen-limiting traction control system, that stops the rear
wheels from slipping and keeps it safe for both the car, driver and
passengers.

In the Tesla Roadster, taking your foot off the accelerator at speed will
provide a lot of regen but applying the brake simply adds the friction
braking power to the regen process. The Model S is taking the same model,
but adapted for a milder response, so this is why our inventive Russian
managed to pull off the being-towed-by-a-truck stunt that made battery
recharging possible in the first place.
[© 2015 SoftNews NET]
http://my.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/model-s-road-charging-60-kw
Model S on the road charging at 60 kW | Forums | Tesla Motors
Feb 25, 2015 - Russians seem to have invented an innovative way to charge on
the road ... The car is being towed behind a truck ...
http://my.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/i-have-read-some-weird-ideas-extend-range-turbo-generator-grill-gas-generator-trunk-etc
I have read some weird ideas to extend range (turbo generator in grill, gas
generator in trunk etc) but my idea makes sense
ragtopday | Feb 20, 2015 ... check this out, someone in Russia got a truck
driver to tow them in order to ...
http://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/2x2ul4/guy_in_siberia_charges_his_model_s_by_towing_it/
Guy in Siberia charges his Model S by towing it behind a semi-truck
Feb 25, 2015

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=subject%3Aevln+NOT+subject%3Are&days=0&sort=date

http://www.gizmag.com/electric-vehicle-urban-heat-island-benefit/36645/
Electric vehicles could cut home air conditioner use
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-surprising-benefit-of-electric-cars-cooler-cities/

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/breaking-jaguar-land-rover-build-8912601
Jaguar-LR 2build R&D/‘brains’ centre in Coventry UK> ~11k new jobs

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/local/2015/03/20/gas-guzzlers-park-risk/25094915/
FL Gas guzzlers ice EV spots at their own risk> “ICE shaming”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2015/03/25/tesla-sued-uk-fight-charging-stations/70432030/
Tesla sued in fight over UK charging stations
+
EVLN: BMW's i3 EV Actually Didn't Suck All That Much, +more (v)
+
EVLN: Electric Bigfoot #20 @2015 vancouverinternationalautoshow.com

{brucedp.150m.com}