Part of the problem is that for a lot of the population there aren't 15
different EV's available... there are two.  The Nissan Leaf and and Tesla
S.  And maybe the Mitsubishi -- not sure if they are still offering it
here.  I see the Leafs everywhere around here, and usually see a Tesla at
least a few times a week -- so sales of those are doing pretty well here.
Since we aren't in a compliance state, all of the other dealerships can't
get their manufacturers EV's to sell though.   I would prefer the utility
of a Kia Soul or even a NV200 van over the Leaf, but can't get those here
(I've asked.....).