OK, we are comparing apples and oranges and because bananas can turn brown,
they are not allowed.
Seriously - what a confusion about simple words and unreliable processes.

Trickle charger:
apparently the Level 1 charger (which is the only type of charging that I use
on a daily basis)
is called "trickle charger" by some sales guy who rather sells fast chargers.
The car is perfectly fine with that "trickle" charger, as long as you make sure
to regularly
charge till it is completely full, so it can reset its inaccurate measurement.
No difference between fully charging on level 1 or 2, just get it full and it
will be fine.

Then some (confused by the term trickle charge) point out that Lithium has a
serious problem
with being (over-) charged on a trickle - but this appears to have nothing in
common with the
original issue of the car manufacturer advising against their own level 1
charger, instead of
simply saying that the car must regularly be fully charged, whether on level 1
or level 2,
so maintain whatever accuracy is present on the guess-o-meter...

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626          Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130          private: cvandewater.info
www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received this
message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any unauthorized
use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of this message is
prohibited.