If A/C demands aren't great, I've wondered if you could get away with a
cooler, some ice packs, some water to carry the "cold" and a circulation
pump to run the water through a tubing network installed in a seat cover.
I know it sounds crude, but that's how NASA cools astronauts.  Almost all
the energy would come from the freezer that chills the ice packs.  Could be
inconvenient, but if the car is for commuting, just throw ice packs in the
fridge at work.

Chris