On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 4:26 AM, brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> A Texas-based enthusiast named Mitch Medford has teamed up with well-known
> electric drag racer John Wayland to build an all-electric 1968 Ford Mustang
> that’s capable of beating a top-spec Tesla Model S P85D on a drag strip.

​I continue to be baffled by the drag guys' fascination with comparing a
highly - and specifically - modified
 race car to a stock-and-standard high performance ​OEM car.  Sure, the
racer can go to the store just like the OEM, but that is not what it was
built for.  They completely ignore the value of all the time it took to get
the race car to the point where it could beat the OEM.  The Zombie is
probably a 1/4 million dollar car if you paid everyone for their time.
They also ignore the fact that if Tesla knew they were going to go drag
racing and could prepare for it, they could simply swap controllers and do
a few other minor tweaks and be in the hunt.  What would a Tesla do with
the amps coming from those twin Zillas?  This whole exercise seems rather
childish.

I beat Corvettes and Ferraris on the street all the time in my wife's Honda
Accord.  Of course the results might be different if those guys knew they
were racing.

Chris