tomw via EV wrote:
I used the standard method of applying the Peukert equation to calculate the
exponent based on the manufacturers published 20hr and 5hr rates for the
Trojans. If the 20hr rate is "A", the 5 hr rate is "B", the capacity at rate
A is CA, and the capacity at rate B is CB then:

exponent = [log (B/A)/log (CA/A)] - log (CB/B)

Which gives these exponents:

T145: 1.159
T125: 1.176
T105: 1.164
T1275: 1.192
T890: 1.172

OK; that's the correct way to figure it (given the manufacturer's data).

I've just found the numbers to be a little higher from my own tests. I measured the Trojan T105 at 1.18, and the Sam's Club at 1.21, for example.
--
A truly excellent politician will tell you everything you want to hear.
A truly excellent engineer will tell you the truth. -- D.C. Weber