Hi Mike,

I used to run an EV-Builders club at my work. We had a few regulars, and a lot of interest, but then the production EVs came along, and it was back to the few regulars only. I disbanded the club last year due to lack of interest.

Likewise, for Earth-day, we had about 4 EV conversions at first, and then lately it is all production EVs.

Personally, I think this is a Good Thing. It means that production EVs are becoming commonplace, and that our message has made it into the mass market.

This does not mean that no one is doing conversions anymore - not by a long shot. Take a look at www.DIYElectricCar.com. They are getting new projects all the time!

As for the shows at work, well, I've stopped showing mine, as it looks really shabby against the Tesla and BMW. ;_; Plus I don't have air conditioning or airbags or ABS... (maybe the next one will) :)

Cheers!
    Peter