At the end of June I bought the JuiceBox 40 Pro EVSE from Emotorwerks.
I paid $600, and I think that's enough that I'm entitled to a little
customer support.  But I've 4 sent requests to their support address and
never received a satisfactory answer.  In some cases I got a reply, but
the reply was "so-and-so is the expert on this and will get back to you
and answer your question" and then I never heard from so-and-so.

Before sending this message, I complained to them about the fact that I
wasn't getting any support, and that complaint also went unanswered.

So, at this point, I feel I should warn other EV drivers not to buy from
Emotorwerks if you want to be able to ask any questions or get any help
with your equipment.  I'm sorry to do it.  I thought this was a
promising company with an interesting piece of equipment at an
attractive price.

They are very proud of the fact that it's open source.  Anyone know
where to find the source?  I guess I should read it if I ever want to
get an answer to my main question, which is "How does the unit manage
the charging current limit in cases where the connection to
Emotorwerks's servers is not completely reliable?"

                                        Ken Olum