Why *not* suggest or wish that EVs replace ICE for every task?

Yes, the right tool for the job (thought you didn't say that), and there are
probably tasks that an EV won't make sense for, but the use of EV should be
maximized. It may be that the technology for many of these tasks is too costly,
not demonstrated, etc., but that's a short term view.

I would agree that there needs to be work done for long haul, as well as your
articulation of EV strengths for short range, but don't sell the technology
short over the long term.

Sent from my iPhone