Thanks that's very interesting. I believe racing is what pushed ice vehicles as
well

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone-------- Original message
--------From: Jukka Järvinen <akkuju...@akkujukka.fi> Date: 11/18/2015  7:01 AM
 (GMT-06:00) To: Paul Dove <dov...@bellsouth.net>, Electric Vehicle Discussion
List <ev@lists.evdl.org> Cc: Lee Hart <leeah...@earthlink.net> Subject: Re:
[EVDL] A math formula can model li-ion pack aging, Pyrite pack
The elevated temperature for Li-ion performance was known method at NEDRA PIR
and Wayland invitationals like 10 yrs back. I was there and I kept telling this
what we saw in our cell tests back then. Higher death rate too. NMC cells from
TS at that time could be preheated with high current charging just before peak
load as it drove more li-ions in right places as additional effect. This also
killed the cell in a way that you needed to elevate the temperature more on
every cycle to get same power out. At normal temperature the cell had become
"bad cell" after few cycles. We could now design and make 100C peak cells for
dragsters with bi-polar structure and solid stacking. The lessons learned keep
pushing the horizon further which we recognize as our technological limit. We
are living truly exciting times. -Jukka
I was speaking of performance

Sent from my iPad