[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Bew-Nissan-Leaf-and-Level-2-charging-tp4679525.html
]

Some specs and location detail so everyone else know what we are discussing:

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam/nissan/request-brochure/en/2013/pdf/2013-nissan-leaf-en.pdf
2013 Leaf with on-board L2 6kW & L3 CHA capability

GWB= George Washington Bridge on I95 used between NJ<>NY

Seth's Home<>Work round-trip consumes 74 energy miles, & will be more in
Winter. Will need at least L2 3kW work-place charging.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/75610
Shows few L3 CHA but, plenty of L2 EVSE encase you need to replenish miles
before you get home. I suggest you compare using both the plugshare app and
their website. I found the app lacking in some features that their website
offers.

Comparing lower cost L2 EVSE to carry with you for charging at work:

http://evseupgrade.com/?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2
EVSE Upgrade for 2013-2014 Nissan LEAF (high-power)
Model: UN2R3H  Shipping Weight: 8lbs  $287.00 + S&H
 both Level 1 and 2
Outlet Type: NEMA L6-30R (30A 240V Twist-Lock)
(*optional adapter needed for standard 120v outlet)
Input Voltage:  100-250 volts AC 50/60 HZ
Power output:   programmable from 6 to 12/16 amps on 100-167 volts*
                programmable from 6 to 20 amps on 168-250 volts
Cord length is unchanged from original; approximately 23 feet total reach.

http://store.openevse.com/products/openevse-30a-charge-station-combo
OpenEVSE Kit - 30A Deluxe  $265 + S&H
 both Level 1 and 2
30A Circuit - 24A Continuous
20A Circuit - 16A Continuous
15A Circuit - 12A Continuous

http://www.clippercreek.com/store/product/charging-station-lcs-20-level-2/?gclid=CKTAw-TCmMoCFVMWHwodFWMORw
Clipper Creek LCS-20 Only L2 3kW, no charging current control (like above),
= inflexible, & more expensive $379 + S&H

Once you have your EVSE that you plan to carry on-board with you, you should
make a habit of securing it each time you use it, whether at work or not. It
all too easy to assume there will be no problems with people messing with
your EVSE. But if something happens to it, un-EV-friendly-coworkers,
vandals, copper-thives, to where without that portable EVSE you can not
charge at work or at relatives/friends, it will take time and money to
replace it = It is best to protect,secure it each time you use it.
http://insideevs.com/protect-nissan-leaf-level-1-charger-theft-video/

An alternative source for Paul's suggested home L2 6kW EVSE is:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Siemens-VersiCharge-Gen-2-30-Amp-Indoor-Outdoor-Electric-Vehicle-Charger-Plug-In-Bottom-Rear-Fed-with-20-ft-Cord-VC30GRYU/205491633

eBay and shop.google do not show anything better:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=level+2+charger&_sop=15

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=level+2+charger&tbm=shop

A L2 6kW at home would let you use a lower time-of-use Utility rate (i.e.:
charge after 12-midnight to 6a). The higher 6kW charging rate ensures you
get a full charge for the smaller, compressed lower-Utility-rate time-window
(need to be able to fully charge in less than 5 hours, etc.).

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.150m.com}