Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:
The Ultra Van is a unique motor home.

I've seen an UltraVan, and they are indeed about as close as you can get to an airplane on wheels without the wings. It is completely smooth underneath, as well as on the sides and top. I don't know what the Cd is, but it must be remarkably low.

Everything is aluminum, so they were very light (in original form). But most people load them up with the usual RV accessories, which add a lot of weight and wind resistance (air conditioners, roof racks, ladders, TV antennas, propane tanks, etc.)

It would indeed be interesting to see what a vehicle like this could do as an EV or hybrid, perhaps with a roof full of PV panels.

Buckminster Fuller's "Dymaxion car" is a similar sort of vehicle.

--
Knowledge is better than belief. Belief is when someone else does
your thinking.  -- anonymous