I was looking for a miter saw at the time. Ended up with a DeWalt.

Sent from AltaMail Go

 From: Bill Dube via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> To: Electric Vehicle Discussion
List <ev@lists.evdl.org> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Harbor Freight tools (was: J1772.
Solder or crimp?) Date: 4/27/16, 2:13 PM

HF has mostly decent quality tools. Not Snap-On super-duper top-end
quality, but decent utilitarian tools at low prices.

When you are shopping at HF, you have to use common sense, however.
The label may say "3/4 HP" but if the power cord is thin like a
noodle and the price is only $15, it probably is only 100 watts and
will likely not do the job like a brand name tool. (Chinese horses
are often smaller, I've been told. ;-)  ) I've replaced a few power
switches over the years as they are typically not well sealed.

I use the 30 in shear/bender/roller constantly.
http://www.harborfreight.com/30-inch-shear-press-brake-and-slip-roll-5907.html

I bought a band saw from HF many years ago and I can't imagine life without it:
http://www.harborfreight.com/14-in-4-speed-woodworking-band-saw-60564.html
I put a new motor with a VFD in it almost as soon as I got it,
however. (I never buy replacement blades from HF.)

We actually have two of their $15  4 1/2 inch grinders. One for the
race trailer and one for the shop.
http://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/grinders-buffers/4-12-in-43-amp-angle-grinder-69645.html

Impact wrench (we got it on sale for $79, minus 20% of course)
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/impact-wrenches/12-in-professional-air-impact-wrench-68424.html

(This impact wrench works marvelously, by the way.)

We have bought 100's of their tools over the years. Only rarely have
I been disappointed.

Bill D.