Finally, Back to Lead acid and a FOUR WIRE EV!  (Something I can
maintain)!
(4 wires, means 2 from the battery, and 2 to the motor and a controller in
the middle.  Done)...

I have given up on modern EV's (two THINKs) who are BRICKS because the
computer in them thinks something is wrong and they want to "call home"
but there is no "home to call" (they are out of business).  And I HATE
trying to hack an unknown embedded CPU... I prefer turning wrenches and
pots....

Anyway, I pulled my old converted Honda Civic (ten Lead Acid) out of the
weeds last night and of course, having been sitting for at least two
years, the batteries were dead and would not take a charge form the
installed charger.  SO I moved through each one with a small parallel 12v
battery and a normal 12v charger.  The battery helped convince the
portable 12v charger that there was a working battery until the charge got
started, then I could move on to the next battery.

Now they are all hissing and bubbling away.  And after maybe 12 hours (on
and off, since I only charge while I am nearby and can monitor them),
anyway now, the charge is finally beginning to taper from the original
9.2A down to about 7A.  Then I had to come to work.  Maybe this evening
they will reach full charge and the charge will further taper.

All the cells had water over the plates, some higher than others, so I now
have them all topped off.

I know that long-term sulfation is a problem.  But these batteries were
close to charged when they were abandoned more than a year ago.  So they
did not start their long abandonment discharged, but did so over time.

So any opinions on recovery?

Bob