Old Honda Civic EV conversion troubles (after 2 years of abandonment).

1) PbAcid batteries are stll hissing 8 hours after the first charge in a
year was removed? All ten batteries were between 13.5 and 14.5 under charge
when I stopped for the night at 6 amps.  Some hissing was still there in
the morning.

2) Darned Brake ligths are on all the time.  I assume it is a switch on the
brake pedal and not a pressure switch somewhere...

3) I have no schematic.  Controller is a brick the size of a shoebox and no
label.  3 terminals plus a 2 wire accellerator pot and a microswitch. But
it appears the HV contactor has a pre-charge resistor across the open
contacts. Measures 1k ohms.   And there is about half the pack voltaqe
across that resistor . But 60v across 1k is 60 mA and that should be 3.6
watts... Hummh, ill remember to touch it next time to verify it is hot.

But should the controller be drawing that much with accellerator off and
main contactor open (except for precharge resistor).

I just realized that if that is the drain, no wonder the batteries were
always  dead.  I guess that 500 amp circuit breaker by the driver seat is
really more of an ON/OFF switch than an emergency kill switch.  I should
have been turning it off when not in use.

And of course, when I move the accelerator pot, nothing happens.

I know how to  troubleshoot these things, but it is easier to sit here and
type about them than to contort myself under the console for the brake
light problem and try to troublehoot in the driveway at night...

Bob, WB4APR