Completely agree - with a small reservation: You don't want to use a no-name converter in your expensive car. I made that mistake once, won't do it again. I will only use name-brand equipment. In my EV's case, I'm using the Meanwell 750W 15V (SP-750-15). I've turned the voltage down to 13.5V, and it works very well. The previous one somehow had ingested some metal and literally blew up.

Cheers!