On 06/10/2016 11:33 AM, paul dove via EV wrote:
That depends on your definition of better.
I chose the i-MiEV because of the battery it uses and the cheap price.
It uses the Yuasa LEV 50 50Ah 3.7 Volt (nominal)

The  cells were fabricated using LiFePO4/graphite chemistry. The cells are able
to supply the stable output-power over wide range of 10 to 90% SOC. The cells
can be charged over 90% SOC within 30 minutes at 25 C. The cells have superior
safety on the crush and overcharge tests.

I love it!
I've said so before, but I agree.   Give me a 40-50 kwh battery, though!

The main problem with the imiev is that it has been orphaned. Mitsubishi seems to have little interest in selling them. A very common story with EVs. Sadly. I had to go 200 miles to buy one imiev and 150 to buy the other.

Early on, Mitsubishi said they were going to offer a 20kwh battery in addition to the 16kwh. They apparently never did.

I love my imievs in part because I feel like I can depend on the battery. Where Nissan screwed it's early Leaf purchasers. For many of my purposes, the size is better than the Leaf or Tesla.

Negatives: they get stuck easily. Spare wheels are difficult to come by. I expect new tires will be equally troublesome. Different sizes, front and back! Incidentally, I learned on the imiev forum that Honda Fit donut spares will serve. Since buying a couple of Fit spares, I'm waiting for my next flat to see. The idiotic creep is there whether you want it or not.