On Wed, July 20, 2016 7:29 am, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
> What national chain has the best deal on TEN lead acid deep cycle
> (marine?) batteries. (Maryland)
> This conversion will not be used for much but local errands, so I am not
> investing in a long term future EV.  Just want to get it rolling again.
> What's in it now have "29" in the battery label.  I forgot the rest.

Bob,

I know you really want lead..

I was going to use 4 lead-acid batteries for my lawn tractor conversion.
I thought I might get 4 used UPS batteries from a ham friend, but they
were gone by the time I got to work on the project.

I figured 4 lead batteries, new, would be a minimum of $150 each, or $600.

I went Lithium instead.  The battery + shipping was $500, the BMS another
$150 - and of course, a new charger.

I got something equivalent - or better - for about the same price, in a
smaller package, with a high instantaneous power delivery (up to 200+amps
at 48VDC).

I got the battery and related items from Hybrid Auto Center in NV.

For your 10 x 12V lead pack, you might just consider:

http://hybridautocenter.com/HAC4/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=show&cid=95&name=2015-5kwh-lithium-battery-pack-chevrolet-volt-111v-45ah-30-cells&Itemid=605

Which is a 111V 5kwh Lithium pack for $1295.

I know, lead is cheaper... but is it?

Exciting times!

-Tom Mandera
KE7VUX
ME1004/2kwh Chevy Volt converted riding tractor