I haveĀ  an old '90 VW Jetta EV conversion. Last time I changed the lead-acid batteries I put in ten 29-series marine batteries (that's around 12 kWh) that I bought from the local Costco for around $900. They lasted less than three years and gave me 25 - 35 miles per charge - not really enough for my needs - until two batteries failed.

I want to eventually install Lithium Ion, but only when their price comes down. I don't want to spend $5000 on batteries plus a BMS for only 50 - 70 miles of range (25 kWh).

Anyone have battery recommendations for now? Do I just have to wait for Li-ion to come down in price?

Len M.