Amazing that they would embark on such an effort without first talking to
Nissan.

Sent from AltaMail

 From: Rick Beebe via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> To: Electric Vehicle Discussion
List <ev@lists.evdl.org> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Nissan.ca sez 'No' To
Leaf-Group-Buy> ticking-off 3700+ EV buyers = a lose-lose Date: 8/29/16, 6:27 PM

One has to wonder if the people setting up the group buy pulled that
target price out of their ass. I can sympathize with Nissan if that
price is below wholesale or worse. Are you really losing "sales" if you
would have to actually pay the people to take the cars? I would tout how
much money I saved the company by not giving away the cars at a loss.
And I doubt Tesla will want to tender a group buy for $20k per car when
they've got 400,000 to sell at full list price first.

--Rick