Cor, lately I have seen a few of these older Leafs with a similar problem IE
diminished battery pack and am wondering if one could simply just
"troubleshoot" the existing pack and replace the sub par modules? I have not
worked on one yet so I have no idea if that is even feasible let alone
advisable, I just have seen "good used" modules on Ebay for $100 or less and it
got me to thinking about this tactic. On the other hand you mention that
particular 2011 Leaf with a "new" battery pack, I am curious - are you
replacing the 2 batteries in each module (essentially "rebuilding" the modules)
or have you simply found a reasonably priced supplier of new OEM replacement
modules? I am in AZ and I would possibly be interested in looking for a
discounted Leaf in my area to "rehab". Like I said I have seen a couple similar
deals where they appear to be going cheap as the current owners are afraid of
what they might view as a rapidly diminishing pack. Would value your input on
this. Regards Dach.
 "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" - Theodore Roosevelt “We
reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her eyes
.... I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that because fewer
wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters’ paradise. But after
seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain
agreed with such a view.” - Aldo Leopold

     On Friday, December 9, 2016 3:27 PM, 63urban via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>