From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Lawrence Rhodes via EV
Sent: 29 May, 2017 6:53 AM
To: ev@lists.evdl.org; ev-requ...@lists.evdl.org
Subject: [EVDL] Most efficient drive system for a bicycle/tricycle.

I'm looking at options for my Terratrike.  Mid vs hub seems to be the thing.
Seems bike systems are only 80% efficient.  Has any one had good success with
efficiency as well as speed.  I'm looking to top out at 30mph with a 20 inch
wheel. Is voltage an issue?  I'd like to keep it to 48vdc but I'm willing to go
higher or lower if it is an advantage(money or performance).  I will eventually
have a shell with solar panels plus my 250 pound hunk O' fat.  Lawrence Rhodes