From: "EVDL Administrator via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "EVDL Administrator" <evp...@drmm.net>
Sent: 20-Nov-17 7:54:52 AM
Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: Fisker's 3D electrode li-ion promises 500Mi EV& 1min recharge

On 20 Nov 2017 at 3:04, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

If it lives up to expectations, this battery will provide electric
vehicles with a range of over 500 miles on a single charge. On top of
that, recharging will only take a minute.

How many times have I read these words? Especially the "If it lives up to
expectations" part.

An EV with a 200 mile range will need a battery of at least 40kWh capacity. Charging that battery to even 80% in 1 minute would require an electrical service with a capacity of roughly 2 GIGAwatts - and that's just for one
car.

If you wanted to charge, say, just 5 cars at once, you'd need at least 10gW
of capacity.  That's about 1.3% of the ENTIRE US capacity.

Where exactly is that kind of capacity going to come from?

I suspect this piece is little more than trolling for investors.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator