Nice summary.

The item "receiving 100 watts per square meter" is tricky. On a clear day
with the sun over head you may see 1300W/m^2.  But more usual is 1100 or
1000. Could be 200W/m^2 with clouds or heavy weather. And the sun,
unfortunately does not stay directly in front of a mobile array no matter
what you do.  Then you apply the 80% or probably more efficiency
reduction.  (I have heard that CA is more forgiving than most places when
the smoke dies down. And then then there is SF in the AM ...)

Calling it 100 W/m^2 is a swag, but not a bad one. It is just that it
washes out all sorts of sub-optimal situations that will inevitably occur.

Personally, I think a mobile array for a vehicle is a fools errand, or
maybe a pass-time for the independently wealthy.

--
Michael E. Ross
(919) 585-6737 Land

Virus-free.