On 06/15/2018 12:12 PM, Cor van de Water via EV wrote:
Hi Damon,
That would be me ๐Ÿ˜‰
Although the JuiceBox is created by another department, I was an early adopter
and participated in the very first Kickstarter for the JuiceBox.
With the 50 Amp outlet and the 40 Amp JuiceBox you are prepared to enjoy faster
charging of other vehicles, even of visiting friends with Teslaโ€™s ๐Ÿ˜‰
At eMotorWerks I am mostly working on DC Fast Charging, a very exciting field.
Cor.

Seems like I've read that EMW has been bought out by somebody?

I, too, started buying JuiceBoxes back in the first Kickstarted stage. I think I eventually bought three of the "Premium" versions in the half cylinder cases and, later, about three in at least two versions of the square cases. A couple of years ago, I went with the Kickstarter deal for the J1772 adapter with wifi. Your message reminded me that I'm still waiting for that one.

Early on, the JBs were attractive when they could supposedly do 60 amps for ~$300 while the Tesla "Wall Connectors" cost ~$1k for 80 amps. Now, the Wall Connectors are only ~$500 while JBs have gone up in price and down in capacity.

I've found JBs to be very poorly weather proofed. I've had little trouble with JBs installed in protected areas but have about three dead ones that were mounted un-protected. I think I have two dead with square cases and one dead half cylinder

When an exposed JB died a year or so ago, I replaced it with a very cheap Duosida which has given me no trouble just dangling from a chain link fence. I've just mentally adapted to the reduced 16 amp charge rate or charge in a less convenient location if I need faster charging.

Especially the older JBs had illegible displays and troublesome key fob controllers.

Can you tell us anything of what is in the works with DC charging? At one time, I was considering trying to set up a poor man's chademo with two of the EMW products. The idea was to charge imievs at around 20kw where the AC limit is 3kw. I gave up on that idea when my JBs became so consistently troublesome.