https://www.motor1.com/news/251918/dendrobium-d-1-continues-development/
1,800-HP Dendrobium D-1 Electric Hypercar Still In The Works
Official
Jul 10, 2018  Chris Bruce

[images
https://icdn-5.motor1.com/images/mgl/9V4bv/s4/vanda-electric-dendrobium.jpg
Vanda Electric Dendrobium

https://icdn-6.motor1.com/images/mgl/g7e8w/s3/dendrobium-d1.jpg
Source: Dendrobium Automotive Limited

https://icdn-4.motor1.com/images/mgl/yLbAb/s1/dendrobium-d1.jpg
Dendrobium D-1 electric hypercar
]

Dendrobium will build the hypercar in the United Kingdom.

The Dendrobium D-1 electric hypercar concept originally debuted at the 2017
Geneva Motor Show with a futuristic design and promises of insane
performance. After going quiet for a while, the automaker now announces
plans to build a production version in the United Kingdom, and the firm
claims that the machine makes an unfathomable 1,800 horsepower (1,342
kilowatts) and 1,475 pound-feet (2,000 Newton-meters) of torque. Dendrobium
intends to reveal details about the range and rapid charge time later. Folks
in England can take a better look at the D-1 at the upcoming Salon Privé
show at Blenheim Palace from August 30 to September 1.

Development of the D-1 is still underway, but Dendrobium Automotive is
targeting a weight of 3,858 pounds (1,750 kilograms). The entire body would
be carbon fiber, and it uses what the firm calls a Protocellcarbon tub. The
machine also features bizarre doors that open up and outward in what the
automaker calls a Bio-Aerial Locomotion design. The layout takes inspiration
from the shape of dendrobium orchid that's native to Singapore.

Dendrobium doesn't offer any performance benchmarks, but info from debut at
Geneva puts the benchmarks at reaching 60 miles per hour (96 kilometers per
hour) in 2.7 seconds and the ability to hit over 200 mph (322 kph).

“Using the very latest technology, we are developing, what will be, the most
impressive all-electric hypercar. We are designing our own in-house
all-electric powertrain and we plan to use our own power storage cells
moving to Solid State as and when the technology is reliable and financially
viable," Nigel Gordon-Stewart is Chairman and CEO of Dendrobium Automotive
Limited said in the announcement of production in the U.K.

Vanda Electrics, a firm from Singapore, came up with the design for the D-1
in the mid-1990s, but the machine didn't make the transition to three
dimensions until 2016 when Williams Advanced Engineering created the show
car that went on display at the Geneva Motor Show.

press release
DENDROBIUM D-1 E-HYPERCAR CONFIRMED FOR DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION IN UK AND
DEBUT PRESENTATION AT SALON PRIVÉ
10/07/18

After the highly successful international introduction at the Geneva
International Motor Show in 2017 and subsequent presentations throughout
Europe and the Far East, the Dendrobium D-1 electric hypercar has taken its
next steps towards production with an all new company, Dendrobium Automotive
Limited, now established in the UK. The Dendrobium D-1 will be officially
presented in public for the first time in the UK at Salon Privé which takes
place in the grounds of ‘Britain’s Greatest Palace’, Blenheim Palace from
Thursday 30th August – Saturday 1st September.

The Dendrobium D-1 was originally a basic electric hypercar design concept,
created in the mid-1990s, by Vanda Electrics, a Singaporean product design
company. In 2016 the sketched designs were presented to UK engineering and
Formula 1™ company, Williams Advanced Engineering with a brief for them to
create a working show car integrating many features of the car which would
appear on the production version to be presented at Geneva. A uniquely
qualified management team has now been recruited to take the Dendrobium D-1
into its next phase of development.

Nigel Gordon-Stewart is Chairman and CEO of Dendrobium Automotive Limited.
Gordon-Stewart has been working in the premium and supercar markets since
1989. He is best known for pioneering the sales and marketing of the McLaren
F1 and subsequently as Sales & Marketing Director of Automobili Lamborghini
SpA reintroducing the Super Veloce brand with the Diablo SV and SVR. He was
later an Associate Director to the Board at Group Lotus Plc among other
senior roles.

“Dendrobium Automotive is one of the most exciting businesses I’ve ever been
involved with.” commented Gordon-Stewart. “Using the very latest technology,
we are developing, what will be, the most impressive all-electric hypercar.
We are designing our own in-house all-electric power train and we plan to
use our own power storage cells moving to Solid State as and when the
technology is reliable and financially viable. We are developing unique
cabling and connector systems as well as our own complete vehicle
integration and ADAS hardware and software. From a technical perspective,
the D-1 will be a British engineering tour-de-force.”

The headline specification targets of the D-1 are as impressive as you’d
expect from a hypercar in this sector: 1,800 bhp; 2,000 NM and a target
weight of 1,750 kgs yet it must represent the true feel of a supercar, not
big and heavy. Performance will be very impressive and as linear as possible
in its delivery, re-writing the rules for the experience of hypercar
ownership. “The car is all carbon fibre, advanced composites and alloys
which are superlight and super strong.” stated Jens Sverdrup, Member of the
Board of Dendrobium Automotive Limited. Sverdrup has a highly successful
background in the supercar industry having worked with Lamborghini, Ferrari
and Pagani but is best known for establishing the Koenigsegg brand on the
map to the extent that it’s now one of the most desirable and highly valued
brands in the supercar sector. Recently he’s been responsible for raising
Rimac Automobili’s profile globally. “The construction of the D-1 is based
on a unique Protocellcarbon tub which possesses future adaptability for
further generations of Dendrobium e-performance cars. Apart from advanced
vehicle technology, the D-1 has enormous drama and presence thanks to our
unique Bio-Aerial Locomotion door and roof opening system which was inspired
by the Dendrobium name. A lot more details will be revealed over the coming
months, not the least of which will be the D-1’s impressive range and rapid
charge time. You can be assured that the Dendrobium brand will become
synonymous with the most exciting and technically sophisticated e-hypercars
on the market and available globally.”

“Although all the Dendrobium team has automotive blood running in their
veins, we are essentially a technology company developing ultra-performance
EV and PHEV cars, systems and components,” continued Gordon-Stewart. “Our
Advisory Board is chaired by Michael Kimberley who created Lotus Engineering
back in 1978 with Colin Chapman which has provided engineering consultancy
and technology services throughout the automotive industry with clients from
Toyota to Aston Martin. We want to be part of Britain’s resurgence of
technology development and best quality manufacturing because the very high
standard of British engineering and manufacturing is still highly respected
worldwide. It’s one of the things that sets the UK apart and nowhere more so
than in performance automotive engineering, technology and motorsport. We
see very exciting times ahead with Dendrobium Automotive.

“We chose Salon Privé for our debut because of the sheer prestige of the
event and the ability to engage one-to-one with potential clients, key
industry figures and business people” said Gordon-Stewart. ”Blenheim Palace
is the perfect location for us being right in the heartland of automotive
and motorsports technology in the UK so easily accessible for all guests.
His Grace, The Duke, is very enthusiastic about the automotive industry here
in the UK and his support for Salon Privé is very evident. We’re very much
looking forward to 30th August.”
[© motor1.com]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=Dendrobium&sort=date
Search the evdl archive for  Dendrobium

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/dendrobiums-1800-hp-d-1-will-built-uk-offered-globally/
Dendrobium’s 1800 HP D-1 Will Be Built In The UK And Offered Globally
July 10, 2018  · 50m  The most notable is its intended output of 1,800 hp
(1,342 kW / 1,825 PS) and 1,475 lb-ft (2,000 Nm) of torque. While electri...
Dendrobium ... weight of just 3858 lbs (1,750 kg) ... use a unique
“Protocell” carbon fiber tub ...
https://images.carscoops.com/2018/07/622ff2b7-dendrobium-d-1-2-768x512.jpg

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1117712_vanda-dendrobium-d-1-electric-supercar-to-be-built-in-uk
Vanda Dendrobium D-1 electric supercar to be built in UK
Jul 16, 2018  · 47m  At the car's debut, the company didn't provide any
power specifications, but it now shared 1,800 horsepower and 1,475
pound-f...
https://images.hgmsites.net/lrg/vanda-dendrobium-concept-2017-geneva-auto-show_100594708_l.jpg

+
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1117692_porsche-begins-installing-800-volt-electric-charging-stations-at-dealerships
Porsche begins installing 800-volt electric charging stations at dealerships
12 July 2018  Porsche has been adamant that the upcoming Taycan electric
car, nee Mission E, includes a network of fast charging stations ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}